Homemade Chocolate Orange Cupcakes
Last Sunday some of Sillas’ friends invited us to dinner and a quick card game. They had cooked some amazing meatballs that we had with fresh pasta and tomato sauce – yum, a great Sunday meal.
I had baked a batch of chocolate-orange cupcakes for dessert. I love chocolate and orange together, they just complement each other so well.
Here’s what to do –
70g unsalted butter, softened
210g caster sugar
105g soft light brown sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 tbsp finely grated orange jest
255g plain flour
50g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp salt
240ml whole milk
600g icing sugar
100g unsalted butter, softened
250g full fat cream cheese (or use Chocolate Philadelphia cream cheese, works great for this)
60g cocoa powder
3 tsp finely grated orange zest
Preheat your oven to 190 degrees Celsius
- Cream together the butter and both types of sugar using a whisk until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the eggs one at a time, followed by the vanilla extract and orange zest.
- Sift together the remaining ingredients and add to the creamed mixture, in three batches along with the milk on a low setting with the whisk.
- Once all the ingredients have been incorporated, mix on a medium speed.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases. The mixture should make 12-16 cupcakes.
- Allow the cupcakes to bake for 18-20 minutes and leave to cool when done.
- Whisk the icing sugar and butter on a low speed using an electric whisk until crumbly with no large lumps of butter remaining.
- Add the cream cheese and cocoa powder and mix on a medium speed until smooth.
- If the mixture doesn’t come together and stays a bit, well sandy, add a tablespoon or two of milk and it should all come together.
- Finally add the orange zest and stir in by hand. Decorate your cupcakes using a piping bag or palette knife.
The Mama also offers a Person’s card, thus we usually be for 2
days in a row, we function oneday and acquire a totally free time of pleasure, too.